Creating content that resonates with your target audience isn’t always difficult, but it can be time-consuming. But like we’ve mentioned in past posts, it is essential to a successful online presence and the key to attracting, engaging, and retaining their attention.
8 types of content your audience is likely to crave via blogs or social and effective tips on how to get started
1. Educational Content: Audiences are hungry to know more. Your content should teach them something new through how-to guides, informational articles, or step-by-step tutorials. Start by identifying common questions or pain points from your target people and understand how to better teach the answers they’re searching for.
2. Entertaining Content: Who doesn’t love a good laugh or riveting story? Create entertaining content that balances humor, storytelling, or interactive quizzes and games. To help your business stand out with this type of content, insert yourself, your personality and your values so that audiences set it apart from bland content.
3. Inspirational Content: Don’t underestimate the power of inspiration. Readers are looking for ways and encouragement in life and you can help provide that through stories, quotes, case studies, or interviews on your success, overcoming adversity, or personal growth. Encourage your audience to dream big and take action.
4. Visual Content: Quality visuals put a place to the name and attract attention that resonates with users for branding. Be sure to leverage mediums like images, videos, and infographics to make content shareable and attractive to others.
5. User-Generated Content: You all know how much we love UGC. The feedback you see from users is excellent to share with others (as long as it’s been approved to share) and loved by all others who may also want to share thoughts. Gain this helpful content through contests and challenges or by showcasing reviews and testimonials.
6. Behind-the-Scenes Content: Give your audiences a sneak peek into your world. Whether it’s through the making of your products, a day in the life of your team, or the process behind your services, share those behind-the-scenes moments. Authenticity goes a long way in building loyalty.
Tips In Content Creation
To deliver the above content types well, here are some helpful tips that may help you generate information in a way that packs a punch.
1. Know Your Audience: We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again – get to know your target audience. Assumptions will get you nowhere. Research their demographics, interests, dislikes, and nuances and tailor the content accordingly.
2. Tell a Story: Don’t just draft a 2 sentence post. Craft wording into a compelling narrative, something that makes people stop and read. Stories drive emotional connection and we all know once emotion kicks in, they’re more likely to drive deeper.
3. Be Authentic: As mentioned above, authenticity builds trust. Be genuine in your content and don’t overpromise. Bring mistakes to the surface and share what you learned from them. Readers are only human and they like to see that you can be human too.
4. Keep Up the Consistency: The less you post, the less there is to interact with. This tip comes with a caveat though, let quality reign over quantity. Give audiences something they can count on, in a manner they can relate with.
5. Engage and Respond: Don’t become MIA when someone posts feedback or poses a question. Foster a running circle of community by inviting feedback and letting audiences know you hear them loud and clear.
6. Measure and Adapt: What is measured gets improved. Connect your social platforms and website to analytics tools and see how people respond. Adjust the strategy based on what sells and maybe pivot when interaction dips. In this arena, it’s also okay to try out new ideas and formats. Keep what works and work on what doesn’t.
In conclusion, understanding your audience’s cravings and delivering the right content can make a significant difference in your online presence. By providing fruitful and digestible content, you can build a loyal and engaged audience that values what you have to offer and will (hopefully) be highly likely to convert. With all your content, stay true to your brand, be consistent, and always seek ways to improve.
Is your organization needing help with digital strategy? Is creating content challenging for you? Let the experts here at Onya help. Reach out to schedule a call today!